When we install Windows 10 for the first time, Windows 10 watermark is displayed on bottom right of the screen. It asks the user to activate Windows 10. But if you don’t have the activation key, you can follow the methods shown down below to remove Windows 10 watermark from your laptop or PC with ease.
Windows 10 is indeed one of the excellent and robust operating systems for PC. It’s designed for better gaming performance, and many other things are optimized for better performance. But, if you’re one of those who are using a free copy of Windows 10, then you’re also facing Windows 10 watermark problem.
This isn’t a problem but a distraction to most of the users. When we haven’t provided the activation key to the Windows 10, an Activation message shows on the bottom right of the screen. Many methods are used to resolve this issue. If you do have an Activation key, you don’t need to perform any trick because entering your key will remove that watermark in a few moments.
But, if you don’t have any activation key and using a free copy of Windows 10, there isn’t anything to worry about. You can still remove Windows 10 watermark permanently using methods I’ve shown down below. I’ve also faced the same problem with Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 hence I’ve figured out all the working ways to remove Windows 10 watermark for free.
As we know that Windows isn’t a free operating system and we need to buy it after its trial period gets expired. If we ignore all the Windows activation messages, your system will slow down and performance gets decreased seamlessly. Hence, to resolve this, you either need to buy an activation key or just trick your operating system to think that Windows is activated. Then no more Windows 10 activation Watermark and you can enjoy your OS seamlessly. Just follow all the methods that I’ve shown down below on how to remove Windows 10 activate watermark with ease. You should also check out the amazing process to dual boot Windows 10 and Kali Linux using USB.
Best Methods To Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark
Now, let’s talk about the methods listed down below. All these methods are safe to use and if you’ve followed them exactly the way I’ve shown in the article, then you’ll easily get fid of Windows 10 watermark.
1. Using Windows Activation Key
It’s the very first recommendation to all the users. It’s because most of the users don’t even know that they do have Windows activation key with them. If you’ve bought the Windows laptop from an online website or retail shop/laptop stores, then you’ll receive a Windows activation key along with the computer.
The activation key is provided to the consumers so that in case of reinstalling the Windows OS, they can use the same activation key to activate Windows OS again. We need to provide that activation key after installing the Windows. The key is mainly located on the case of the CD or the bottom of your laptop.
Or you can ask the laptop manufacturer company itself for more information. Now, once you have the key with you, you need to activate the Windows OS to get rid of Windows 10 watermark.
Product Key looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (25 char). Make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- Click on Start button and select Settings option.
- Now, select Update & Security option from the menu.
- Choose the Activation option.
- Enter the activation key and click Activate.
- Wait till Windows is activated successfully.
Windows activation might take some time. So be patient and wait until the activation successful appeared on your screen. Make sure your internet connection is fast enough. If the activation isn’t successful, then simply contact the Windows support department for more information.
2. With The Help Of Universal Watermark Remover
What I loved the most about Windows operating system is that almost there are many amazing tools available for the different purpose. This simply means that we can do more things with ease. Similarly, in order to remove Windows 10 watermark, there’s a tool available, known as Universal Watermark Remover.
This tool allows the user to remove Watermark in few clicks. It’s completely free to download and use. We can install and remove it anytime from our system. Follow the steps given below to learn the process to use it.
- Download Universal Watermark Remover from here.
- Right Click on the setup and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on Install option and wait till it’s installed in your system.
- A warning message will appear, click Yes.
- You’ll be signed out from your account.
- Login back to your account and you’ll see that Windows watermark is removed from the desktop.
That’s all you need to do. No more complex methods or tricks. Just use this tool and everything will be done in one go. In future, if you want to remove this tool, just open it again and you’ll see the Uninstall option, click on it to remove it completely from your system.
3. Using System Registry Editor
Note: Follow the steps with care. Otherwise, you might brick your computer device. System registry must be used with proper knowledge and care.
If you don’t own Windows 10 activation key but still want to remove Windows 10 watermark, then this method might save you this time. This isn’t the way using which you can get rid of Windows activation. It’ll only remove Windows watermark from your desktop. If that’s all you want to achieve, then feel free to follow this method.
Make sure you’ve followed and edited the right registry file. Messing up and changing values of unknown registry files might hard your operating system. You need administrative privileges to access Registry Editor.
- Press Win+R and type regedit, hit enter.
- Provide the administrative privileges.
- Now, press Ctrl+F and type svsvc and hit enter.
- Wait till search is completed and you’ll be landed on svsvc directory.
- You’ll see registry entry named as Start.
- Double click on it and set the value to 4.
- Click OK, close the registry editor and Restart your laptop/PC.
- Windows 10 activation watermark must be gone from your desktop after the restart.
I’ve tried this method several times and the success rate is 100%. It works in most of the Windows 10 builds and you must give it a try. If this method still isn’t working, you might try other 2 methods shown down below.
4. Using Command Prompt To Remove Windows 10 Watermark
Thi another method is claimed to be useful and working in order to remove Windows 10 watermark. Most of the users had tried this CMD method with a high success rate.
So, you should also give it a try if all the two methods shown above doesn’t work for you.
But, keep this in mind that it works only when you’re in test mode. If you’ve booted in normal mode, Windows 10 Activation watermark will still be there.
- Open the start menu and search for CMD.
- Right Click>Run As Administrator.
- Now, execute the following commands one by one:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
- Restart your system and once you’re entered into Test Mode, the watermark will be disappeared from your screen.
This way, you can get rid of Windows 10 Activate Windows watermark in test mode. But, if you’re booting in normal mode, the watermark will still be there waiting for you. So, in this case, you might want to try the next method.
5. Using Batch Script
Batch scripts are usually .bat files in which CMD commands are written. The main difference between running commands using the batch script is that all the commands are executed once, and we don’t need to enter them one by one.
Below is the step by step process to remove Windows 10 activate Windows watermark using a batch script file.
- In the Start menu and search for Notepad.
- Open notepad and paste the commands given below:
@echo off taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe explorer.exe exit
- Click on File>Save As.
- Set File Type to All Files.
- Put the filename as anything.bat
- Click on Save.
- Now, browse the location where you’ve saved the batch script.
- Right Click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Wait till CMD exits on its own.
- Then, Restart your PC and watermark will be gone permanently.
6. Removing Background Images
This method does have a lower success rate, but you should still give it a try. You only need to tweak some settings in the Control Panel, and it’ll result in removal of Windows 10 watermark on the desktop.
Windows OS allows users to remove background images when available. Hence, you need to enable this feature and Windows will remove all the background images.
Activate Windows watermark is considered as a background image and Windows will automatically remove this image from your desktop. Below are the steps you need to follow.
- Open control panel.
- Now, choose Ease Of Access Center option.
- Choose Make Computer easier to use option from the list.
- Check the option saying Remove Background Images (when available)
- Save the changes.
- Some users might get results using this method, but most of the users won’t be able to remove the watermark using this method.
These were all the methods which worked perfectly for me. I’m 100% sure that any of these methods will also help you to remove Windows 10 watermark permanently.
I also recommend you to purchase official Windows 10 activation key if you haven’t used the first method to remove Windows Activation Watermark. It’s because you won’t get updates from Microsoft. According to my experience, updating Windows helps PC/Laptop to perform at its best capability. It also helps us to stay safe from most of the viruses and hacks.
If you still not able to remove the watermark, then simply drop a comment down below and I’ll try to give you a solution according to your PC’s condition.