Facebook pages are the best way to promote online or even offline business on social media. But, if you’ve changed your business/community name, then you probably need to change Facebook Page name.
Facebook is providing an amazing platform for everyone to create a Facebook page for promoting their local or international business. We can even make money through these pages by promoting some products of companies if we have thousands of page followers. But, this also results in huge spam on Facebook. People are converting their fake profiles to pages and then gaining the fan following without anything genuine. To prevent such spam things, Facebook does have strict rules when we request a Facebook page name change.
There’s nothing to worry about if you aren’t a spammer and do have original content and gained all the audience by your efforts. Facebook will help you in every way when you decided to change the name of your business or community page. Rules are same whether it’s your business [age or entertainment or community kind of page.
What Are The Rules To Change Facebook Page Name
Let’s talk about the rules you need to follow. We’ve tried to explain these rules in the simplest way down below. These are the common rules, written in our own language.
- Let’s say you have a page named as “New York Baker”, now if you trying to change it to “Mexico Baker”, Facebook might not accept that approval. They might think that someone just sold that page for money.
- No special characters can be used.
- Don’t change the concept of your page name, e.g switching from concept A to concept B might result in no approval.
These are the main two rules you need to take care of. Otherwise, your request might get denies. You can read more guidelines here.
What If Your Page Name Change Request Got Denied
If your request is denied, nothing will happen to your page. But, you can request it again after few days. In fact, if you feel that the request was denied by mistake, you can claim it but you need to provide proper documents to give Facebook the proof.
Step By Step Guide On How To Change Facebook Page Name
Now, let’s walk through the step by step procedure to change the name of the Facebook page. There are still many rules you’ll learn throughout the steps. But make sure you’re Admin of that page for about one week. Otherwise, you don’t have rights to request page name change. Below are some details you should read:
- It might take up to 3 days to approve/disapprove your page name change request.
- If your request is approved, you can’t unpublish the for 7 days.
- On approval/disapproval of the request, you cant change/request the new name for next 7 days.
- Visit www.facebook.com/yourgamename
- If you don’t know your page URL, login to your Facebook account and click on you drop down menu.
- List of all the pages connected to that account will be shown.
- Select your page.
- Click on About and you can see page name section.
- Select Edit and you can see a text box asking you ned page name. You should also read out the official rules.
- Then click on Continue.
- Review the changes and click Request Change button.
- You’ll receive a notification that Facebook is reviewing the request.
- Once your request is approved, you’ll receive a notification.
That’s it, your page name change request might approve within few minutes of hours or maybe days. It depends on your new name.
We’ve requested Facebook to change our Page name which was before “StuffPrime.com” to “StuffPrime”, and do you know what, it took around 10 seconds for notification saying that request is approved.
We think that there’s any automative algorithm sorting and approving very small changes in the page name. If you’re also considering to change/remove few words, then there’s nothing to worry about. It’ll take few minutes for approval.
But, if you’re kind of spammer, then you should beware of Facebook. They are able to trigger such pages and can take strict actions. But, if you’re nice people, running a legal and nice page, then there’s nothing to worry about.
Feel free to drop a comment down below and we’ll try to help you out with any suggestions. Give us suggestions/recommendations about this article to improve the information provided.