There are a lot of opportunities for the creative mind. Those who’re willing to start a new business should have the quality to manage the entire team. Without proper management, most companies are losing thousands of dollars. It’s important to stay creative and improve the productivity of the whole team. It helps in completing the tasks more easily and efficiently. Free project management software is handy in this scenario.
It helps you to create and To-Do list and manage all the people working in a team. Using the best project management software is very important even if you’re working with a small group. Dozens of software is being used by Project Managers from all around the world. Such tools can be useful for freelancers as well. Microsoft Project is considered as best PM software, and there are many Microsoft project alternative available in the market. I’ve discussed 11 PM software suitable for freelancers, small teams and to manage a large organization.
Both Paid and Free software are available in the market. It’s challenging to choose the right software as per your needs. I’ve sorted down some of the free and paid versions of tools available in the market which are being used by giant companies.
- 1 What Makes Best Software Management Software?
- 1.1 1. Zoho Projects
- 1.2 2. Microsoft Project
- 1.3 3. Teamweek
- 1.4 4. Clickup
- 1.5 5. Trello
- 1.6 6. MeisterTask
- 1.7 7. Freedcamp
- 1.8 8. Todoist
- 1.9 9. Teamgantt
- 1.10 10. Agantty
- 1.11 11. PayMo
- 2 Conclusion
What Makes Best Software Management Software?
Before getting started, let’s have a look at some key features that a management software should have. We all know that free tools come with fewer features, but there’s an on-demand upgrade available. So in the future, we can upgrade the tool if needed.
- Free and Easy To Use: There should be a free version available, and the user interface should be simple. It helps to understand the software in a better way and improve the workflow.
- Portfolio Management: The user should be able to manage and prioritize the projects of an organization. With the help of this feature, a company can know if the projects are delivering accurately or not.
- Resource Management: It should be useful in managing the essential resources which are required in creating and delivering a project to the client.
- Online Backup: Plenty of software are allowing their users to sync their data with cloud servers. It will enable users to access available data anywhere in the world.
- Cloud App: It would be a great experience if we can access the data using some cloud applications. That’s because there’s no need to install software and the user have the ability to use the tool with the help of a browser.
I’ve listed some software which provides a variety of features listed above. I hope you’ll find the best suitable tool as per the requirements.
Zoho Projects helps project managers to keep everything on track. Dozens of features are offered, such as Managing Tasks, Milestones, Dependencies, etc. They are providing their service using a cloud app. Hence all we need is a web browser to access all the project related data, and it can be obtained from all around the world.
Keep track of employees working on the project as it supports time logging feature. Hence, it can be useful to keep track of the working hours. Import the data from other Cloud Drive services such as Google Drive directly to the Zoho dashboard.
Powerful drag and drop feature makes it very easy for us to create a project map. What I liked the most is its data flow diagrams. They look great, and it supports the Gantt Chart. Hence, we’ll be able to display some essential data using graphs and charts.
- Drag and drop interface.
- Data flow diagrams.
- Gantt Chart support.
- Cloud-based application.
- Android and iOS app available.
- Free unlimited trial with limited features.
Microsoft Project offers cloud-based solutions and on-premise solutions. Both services come with different plans and packages. You can choose as per your needs from the software. Both solutions are promising, and hundreds of features are ready to increase the productivity of your team.
To quickly get started, feel free to open a Project template. It’s like the templates we usually see in MS Word and MS PowerPoint. Hence, in most of the cases, there’s no need to create the project template from scratch.
Opting into a cloud-based solution means you can access the data using any browser-enabled device. However, you won’t be able to access the premium features such as Gantt Chart in Project Online Essentials subscription plan which costs $7/month. Gain access to such features by upgrading your subscription plan.
- Web-Based application and Desktop application is available.
- Offers a wide variety of data visualization tools.
- Flexible Plans & Pricing.
- Access and Update task from anywhere using a cloud-based app.
- Multiple users support.
Teamweek is a Project Visualization software which is seamlessly easy to use. The best think about Teamweek is that it offers a lifetime free trial to users. However, in the free trial, you won’t be able to access many features, but it’s still worth it. Padi subscription starts from $35, and it allows up to 10 members.
The key feature is their Gantt chart visualizations. The user can design them with custom colors, and it results in beautiful charts with a quick overview of the task. The free plan allows five users with many attractive features.
- Beautiful chart visualizations.
- Free trial available with amazing features.
- Create unlimited projects.
- A free mobile app is offered to users.
- Up to 100 members are supported.
Clickup is another rich project management software where users can customize almost everything. It’s a cloud-based application, and you can use it for free. Free users get up to 100MB of storage with unlimited users can projects. Seems promising right!
Clickup ensures that your projects are streamlined. Premade templates save the user time and offer great credibility to the workflow. The user interface of the application is very user-friendly, and it performs pretty fast even in slow internet connections.
Now it’s easy to manage the tasks as Clickup is having dozens of features which are precisely designed to keep track of tasks. I highly recommend you to try the free trial and know more about it.
- Specially designed to keep tasks on track.
- Different views for assigned levels.
- It is equipped with goals center tray.
- The free unlimited trial offered.
- Notify your employee using the app itself.
Trello helps us to get more done, and it’s free project management software. Those who want a simple task management software should try Trello. With the help of this app, it becomes easy for us to keep tracks of tasks which needs to be done.
Trello is specialized in keeping track of project work status. People working on the project can easily pass the project to the next person without providing details as almost all the necessary details are listed with the help of cards.
- Assign tasks to employees with ease.
- Voting feature available in the premium plan.
- Easy to use UI.
- Free trial offers a wide range of features.
MeisterTask looks promising in terms of managing the tasks. Every user is provided with a specific dashboard where all the assigned tasks are displayed. The free version offers almost all the features, but storage capacity is only 20MB. The main focus of MeisterTask is to provide rich UI in terms of managing the tasks.
Hence, it might not be useful for you in terms of managing a project. But give it a try as the free version of the product is available. I should say that this application is useful for managing a large team’s assigned tasks. The dashboard is fully customizable, and there’s no limit on users and projects.
- Add unlimited numbers of tasks, projects, and users.
- The dashboard is fully customizable.
- Each user will get his individual screen.
- The time tracking feature is available.
- Native Android, iOS and Windows, MAC app is available.
Freedcamp should be listed as a genuine free project management software. Despite being a freemium software, it offers a wide variety of features which are useful in managing the projects assigned to a team. The user interface is full of tools which can be used to improve the overall creativity of a team. It also offers a Kanban board which allows the user to customize the view with the help of drag and drop feature.
Even Gantt Charts are also available which features the most important charts and graphs of tasks and project progress. The free subscription comes with all the essential features. Pricing of this application is very attractive, and it starts from $1.49 which is too low.
- Low price with amazing features.
- The free version offers unlimited projects and tasks with essential features.
- Bug tracking feature.
- CRM and Invoice feature available.
- Premade templates available.
Todoist helps you to focus on the right thing. I should say that this application helps you to manage things going on in your life. Those who are having a very tight schedule should use the Todoist. Add all the critical tasks which needs to be done, and the application will automatically notify you.
If your entire project team is using Todoist, all the tasks will go as planned, and no one will forget the assigned work. It’s also possible to prioritize the tasks. Some premade templates are ready to use which saves your time. But those who are interested in creating their custom template should switch to a premium account. It offers more features and custom notifications etc.
- Free to use with many useful features.
- Design custom templates using a premium account.
- Custom notifications.
- Prioritize the tasks.
- Cloud storage drive integration available.
Teamgantt, a useful choice for those who are looking for cloud Gantt chart software. Summarise your data in a better way with the help of the Teamgantt application. It also helps in secure collaboration with the team. Drag and drop feature makes it easy to customize the dashboard view. Track the team progress with workload per employee. Project progress reports are updated on a real-time basis, and it can be shared with stakeholders.
Like most of the free project management software, Teamgantt provides templates to their users. Some other useful things like Timeline, PDF reports, Sorting, etc. are available for better user experience.
Mobile apps are available for Android and iOS devices. It unlocks the ability to assign and manage tasks with the help of mobile devices. But you won’t be able to see a Gantt chart on mobile devices. It’s a drawback, but Gantt charts are available on web view.
- Check team availability within the app.
- Better timeline view.
- Check the progress of work done using Gantt charts.
- Import spreadsheets to add essential data with ease.
- Mobile apps are available.
Agantty is simple to use, and it’s entirely free for use. However, a user can buy some additional extensions which make Agantty, more refreshing and useful. It’s now free and easy to manage all the projects. Add the tasks and provide the deadlines. Get the advantage of Gantt chart and represent the data in a better way. Different dashboard views are available, and we can switch between simple and rich view.
The project timelines are updated automatically by adjusting the project labels. Keep everything on track. It’s open source software and offers a lot of credibilities. A desktop application is being provided to the users for better accessibility.
- Completely free to use.
- Gannt charts are available.
- Paid extensions to access more features.
- Auto adjusts timelines dates.
- Cloud-based service.
Paymo describes themselves as the best free project management software for freelancers. The free plan includes all the features which are essential for freelancing work. Tools such as Time management, Task, Schedule, Invoice Management, etc. are the highlighted part of PayMo.
Thanks to PayMo project estimate which helps us to create a project estimate in terms of money and time. Time management functionality increases the workflow of employees. All the reports are shareable with stakeholders and other employees.
- Free plan suits best for freelancers.
- Gantt charts are available.
- View real-time progress reports.
- Best time tracking feature.
- Better invoice reports.
Project Management software helps the manager to manage its employees in a better way. There are a lot of options available in the market, and you should choose the correct PM software. I’ve shown some of the PM software which is used by my colleagues or me. There’s no doubt on the features, and their working and their pricing are also flexible.
If you’ve some more cool suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comment section down below. I’ll add them to the article. Share the article with on social media and let others know about these could based PM utilities.