Subtitles makes the video more accessible to a wide range of audience. It’s generally hard for foreign language speakers to understand some parts of the videos. But with the help of subtitles, anyone can find what character is talking in the video or the movie. In this guide, we’ve shown the step by step process on how to add subtitle to video permanently. The process is quite simple and easy to follow.
There are dozens of benefits of using permanent subtitles in our videos. One of the great advantages is that the user no longer needs to add them manually to the videos. We’ve generally seen that sometimes users need to download the subtitle files separately and then add them to the player. It makes the whole experience so dump and waste of precious time. Hence, if you’re sure to add subtitle to video permanently, we’ve discussed the detailed guide in this post.
How To Add Subtitle To Video Permanently?
In this method, we’ve used software that allows users to add video subtitles permanently. It also provides many other features which are very useful and we’ll discuss that later on. Here are the steps to get started:
- First, download a software called Video Converter Factory.
- Install it in your system, it’s available on Windows OS.
- Run the software and you’ll get the interface like the screenshot below.
- Click on the Converter button.
- Once the converter tool is open, click on Add Files or drag-drop your video files.
- Now select Subtitle settings and choose Add Subtitle.
- Browse the .srt file that you wanted to add as permanent subtitles.
- Preview and video to make sure everything is synced between subtitles and the video.
- If you want to change the output format, click on Parameter Settings. It supports a wide range of devices.
- Set the desired output folder and click on Run.
- Progress reports will be displayed inside the tool.
- Once the process is done, the tool will notify you.
Pretty straightforward right! This tool is awesome and you don’t really need to do much effort. It works well with your dedicated and integrated GPU and hence the converter speed is pretty awesome. Depending on your system specifications, it can add permanent subtitles to videos really quickly.
It also supports many other additional features such as different output formats and device presets. Make sure to check all other features that might be really useful in your case.
Adding Subtitles To Video/Movie Permanently Using VLC Media Player
A lot of people out there want to add subtitles to movie/video permanently using the VLC media player. It’s possible using the VLC player but it comes with some limits. You don’t have that much control over the conversion e.g video resolution, quality, etc. VLC only allows users to change video and audio codes and do some little other changes.
If that’s fine in your case, you can for sure use the VLC to add permanent subtitles. The player is free to download and use and most people have it already installed in their system. Here are the steps to add subtitles to a movie permanently in VLC:
- Fire up the VLC media player and click on Media>Convert/Save.
- Under the File tab, click on Add and browse the movie/video you want to add subtitles to.
- Check the box Use a Subtitle File and add the .srt file.
- Now click the Convert/Save button.
- A new Convert settings dialogue will popup.
- Make sure to change the Output profile to adjust Video and Audio codecs as per your preferences.
- Click on the Tool icon and select the Subtitle tab.
- Enable the Subtitle codec so that subtitles can be permanently rendered to the video.
- Browse the destination folder. It’ll be the place where rendered video will be saved.
- Now click on the Start button, check the Progress bar to know how much of the video is processed.
VLC is indeed a useful video player that comes with some additional perks. One should take advantage of all those features as some of those are only available in paid software. Using the player itself, one can add permanent subtitles to videos. However, it doesn’t offer some additional controls such as video/audio controls but it’s indeed a useful software.
Video is one of the best ways to consume information. Creating and sharing videos is best for your business or sharing your valuable information with others. Adding some little extras into the video such as animation, subtitles, dividing videos into parts, etc. makes it even better. When you add subtitles permanently into the videos, users no longer need to enable or download the subtitle file separately. We’re tried to show you the best methods to add subtitles to video permanently. If you’ think this method can be improved, drop down your valuable opinions in the comment section.